Joomla!™ User Group Milton Keynes
Affiliate with Joomla
Affiliate with Joomla - what's this, how and why?
Affiliation is to align oneself to promote products and services for the purpose of selling on-line and in the process gain commission. For those who are interested, in Joomla websites and internet marketing, you need to first undertake the following steps:
- Download Joomla!
- Open up an affiliate account at 'Affiliate Window' or one of many clearance houses for affiliate feeds
- Pick a good niche to promote, preferably one which you understand
- Configure the data feed URL so that you can request a product based data feed
- Install Jooma and then install and apply 'Affiliate Feeds For Joomla'
- Then promote your site in the normal way
Once you have a basic understanding then the whole website cycle from purchase to initial content can take less than one day, here is my example: FreesatBox.co.uk - the feeds are all from Affiliate Window and promote contract free television viewing via Freesat satellite dish equipment. This sector is on the rise when family budgets are hard pressed and Freesat offers contract free HD TV channel viewing.
How long did the FreesatBox.co.uk site take from start to finish?
Less than 7 hours, fully hosted and running.
This is an example of the power of Joomla.